These cookies are so addictive and easy to make, I think I might just make another batch when I finish writing this post! If you feel like you want more oatmeal in your cookies, feel free to add 1 1/2 cup.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ sticks frozen butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup loosly brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven 325°F
- Microwave butter for 1 minute.
- In stand mixer beat butter till it forms softened butter.
- Add sugar to butter and beat untill blended and creamed.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat untill just combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt into bowl and mix untill just incorportated
- Fold in oatmeal, chocolate, and walnuts .
- Refrigerator dough for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment. Leaving about 1½-2 inches between each ball.
- Use palm of hand and gently and slightly flatten each cookie dough ball.
- Bake 325 12-15 minutes
- Let sit on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack.