Thumb Print Cookies with Jam Filling
My husband’s work sent us a very nice gift basket from Olive and Cocoa with an assortment of goodies. Among the goodies was an apricot and hibiscus jam that I was really excited to try. Aside from spreading it on toast, Thumb Print Cookies came to mind. I was hesitant if I would have the time to make it, but I was able to make them in less than an hour, while my in-laws were visiting, AND between pumping sessions! Mommy win! Yes, they are that easy.
My recipe makes for only 12 cookies. I didn’t want to make too many since it was my first try at these cookies, I wasn’t sure how’d they turn out, but they turned out great! They’re soft with a slight bite and they are not overly sweet. Perfect along side a cup of coffee or tea. So if you want to make more feel free to double the recipe… and you might want to, especially if you’re sharing 😉😋 !
Thumb Print Cookies
- 6 TBS of butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- fruit preserves
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven 375 °F In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg.
- Mix flour in batches until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto uncreased cookie sheet Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Use back of teaspoon measuring spoon to imprint center of each cookie.
- Fill hole with 1/2 tsp of preserves Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow too cool on baking sheet.
- Dust with powdered sugar.