Lemony Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
If you’re not a fan of Brussel sprouts I don’t think any recipe will make you like them..but if you do like them, roasting them is probably the most popular, and in my opinion, the best way to make them. The first time I had roasted Brussel sprouts I was so amazed at how delicious this “unpopular” vegetable actually tasted. Crispy caramelized outside, cooked and tender on the inside, tossed in garlic, salt, and olive oil, they are the perfect accompanyment for chicken or fish.
Here is my recipe for Brussel sprouts. I don’t even know if I can call it a recipe because there’s really no measurements. Everything is pretty much season to taste!
Lemony Parmesan Roasted Roasted Brussel Sprouts
About 1 lb Brussel Sprouts
4-5 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Cut the bottom stem off Brussel sprouts, then cut into halves.
3. Leave the smaller ones whole so all the pieces are similar size.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Toss Brussel sprouts and garlic right on the parchment pepper.
6. Add olive oil to coat.
7. Add a good pinch or two of salt and pepper.
8. Toss to combine and evenly distribute.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven
11. Add shaved parmesan cheese and lemon zest, toss and serve.
Trim off bottom stem, then cut in half. Leave smaller ones whole so all pieces are similar size. Often once you trim and cut the sprouts, some of the outer leaves will fall off which is fine because most of the outer leaves have spots on them anyways.