Blondies! One of my favorite baked treats. Have you ever had them? I first made them about 6 years ago when I was craving a certain something but couldn’t pin my finger on it. After searching for recipes and inspiration, I found something called Blondies and they seem to be the thing I was needing. Gave them a try and since then I’ve been hooked. They’re like the cousin of brownies in terms of texture, but since no chocolate is added they bake into a nice caramel color. Why would you NOT add chocolate you ask??? I don’t know! But just try it! Trust me, they’re wonderful. They are fast and simple to make. You can probably bake a batch and clean up in 45 minutes tops. I love the texture of these blondies, soft, chewy, sweet…perfection. They’re perfect when you’re craving something sweet from the oven. I always add nuts to mine, preferably walnuts, but I had pecans at home and they were just as tasty.
Blondies (makes 9 blondies)
½ cup butter
1 cup unpacked packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup nuts, Walnuts or Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spray a square 8×8 baking pan.
- Melt butter, add sugar, vanilla, stir together and let cool.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- When butter is cooled add egg and quickly whisk.
- Whisk flour into butter mixture.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean at center.
In 20 minutes you’ll have a delicious baked treat 🙂