Pan Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Tomatoes
Only one more day of work for many of you, well at least those celebrating 4th of July. I was excited until I found out my husband has to work his call shift this Friday. That means I won’t be seeing him till Saturday :/. That aside, I’ll still look forward to the fireworks, and of course, the precious weekend.
Today I tried a new recipe I came across while searching for chicken breasts recipes. It’s call Chicken with Herb-Roasted Tomatoes from bon appetit. It seemed like a good main dish to go with the Brussels sprouts I was making, and I had most of the ingredients so I figured why not? I substituted for Balsamic Vinegar instead Red Wine Vinegar because I think balsamic pairs well with tomatoes, and I know I’m not the first who thinks this. Ok, I don’t want to hype up this dish too much, but I’ll just say this won’t be the last time I make this dish.
Chicken with Balsamic Tomatoes adapted from bon appetit
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1-2 cups cherry tomatoes
Half a red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs)
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs mixture dry herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, parsley..etc) or use Italian Herb Seasoning like me
Fresh chopped parsley or basil for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Mix balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and herbs in a small bowl
- Season chicken with olive oil salt and pepper
- In a oven proof skillet on medium high heat coat the bottom of pan with oil.
- Once oil is hot, brown chicken on both sides about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan to oven for about 7-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to platter and place pan back on stove.
- On medium heat, add onions and garlic and sauté until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until soft about 5 minutes.
- Use back of spatula to lightly smash the tomatoes if necessary. (Careful for splatter)
- Add herbs, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce mixture and stir until thick about 1 minute.
- Pour over chicken.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.